BH - Senior DBA - Permanent (Remote)
On behalf our large e-commerce client, Brainhunter Systems is looking for a Senior Database Administrator/Engineer to join their Data Platform Team. You will architect and optimize scalable data storage solutions, understand and implement best practices, and create technology that is highly performant and extensible.
This position is a full-time remote opportunity within Canada & USA!
Who you are:
Your customers are other engineering teams, your toolchain encompasses the right tool for the job, and you know tough challenges can create innovative ideas.
You are excited to:
- Own key large scale backend data storage solutions that power our growing learning platform
- Administer data stores and optimize with scalability, redundancy, and seamless survival / recovery
- Architect, build & administer replication, secure access, and monitoring between heterogeneous databases
- Use CI/CD to deploy in AWS with proper logging, monitoring, and alerting
- Serve as a mentor, idea leader, and advocate for best practices
- Be on-call, but build solutions that never wake you up
- Programming languages: SQL / Python / Golang / Java / Ruby
- Source code management: Git, branching, merging, PRs, Github actions
- Data Stores: MySQL / PostgreSQL / Redshift / S3 / DynamoDB / NoSQL
- Cloud Platforms: AWS / GCP / Azure
- Data Warehouses: Redshift / Snowflake / Others
You might also be familiar with:
How to Apply:
- Configuration Tooling: Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or SaltStack
- Data Security: Data protection and classification, PCI / HIPAA / GDPR
- AWS Infrastructure: EC2, ECS, EKS, Lambda, Batch, CloudWatch, Kinesis, etc.
- Programming: Functional, Object Oriented, Design Patterns, Big O, data structures
- Eventing: Kafka, SQS, RabbitMQ
- Online: Apply online now at www.Brainhunter.com
- Email: If you would prefer to email a copy of your resume for later review, we would be pleased to consider your resume for future upcoming opportunities, please send resume, availability and compensation expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: While we appreciate and welcome all applications, only those who satisfy employment eligibility in Canada & the United States and meet the qualifications for the role will be contacted.