BH – Business Analyst – Contract (2 years’)
On behalf of our client, Brainhunter Systems is seeking a talented Business Analyst to fulfill a 2-year contract. You will work on a variety of capital and operational IM/IT projects within our local government.
Note: You must be located in Vancouver or Victoria, British Columbia to be considered for this opportunity.
Candidates will ideally have experience with one or more of the following:
- Working with the public sector to deliver IM/IT solutions;
- Providing senior business analysis services for BC government transportation systems projects
- Providing business analysis services to deliver IM/IT solutions using Agile, waterfall and V Diagram methodologies;
- Providing business analysis services for IM/IT projects relating to camera, image and video management, and related data collection techniques; and
- Providing business analysis services in the configuration and implementation of a Cloud-based or Software-as-a-Service solution.
5.1.1 RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
A. The Corporation requires Consultants with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to lead multi-discipline teams in business transformation initiatives to align business systems with new business processes, using application portfolio management techniques, and have provided and followed a plan to transfer the business from the “as is” structure to the “to be” structure;
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering;
- Knowledge of change management;
- Identify, define, model and document business needs, including the ability to:
- model and document technical solutions,
- develop and present business cases including feasibility studies, risk assessments and cost benefit analysis of solution alternatives,
- define and document product and funding for development and ongoing support,
- develop presentations, reports and submissions required by clients to secure approval and funding from Executive or Treasury Board, and develop work plans;
- Interact professionally and productively with a wide variety of people in diverse roles (e.g., executives, contractors, technical experts, naïve users) to develop and implement:
- automated business processes,
- service agreements with service consumers and suppliers,
- appropriate service management processes,
- training/educational materials,
- application maintenance support;
- Manage the quality of the delivered business solution to ensure it meets the quality expectations:
- ensure structure, design and development of the deliverables is in compliance with applicable standards,
- monitor/control project progress, resource usage and cost, and
- ensure performance of technical reviews and audits and obtain required approvals before implementation;
- Considerable tact, professionalism and diplomacy as the Consultant will have interaction with stakeholders, vendors, professionals and various levels of employees in a government setting;
- Superior written and oral communication, interpersonal, influence and negotiation skills to properly represent the corporation and its business interests;
- Work with a team co-operatively within diverse or work groups, including the ability to understand and respond effectively to other team members with diverse views;
- Problem solves effectively by giving shape and direction to issues, ideas, information and deliver high quality work in a timely manner. Use analysis and evaluation skills on high profile and/or complex matters. View client issues from various points of view and driving factors. Assess, weigh and manage risk. Willing to view problems as opportunities;
- Comprehends a situation analytically by breaking it down into its components and identifying key or underlying complex issues. It implies the ability to systematically organize and compare the various aspects of a problem or situation and determine cause-and-effect relationships (“if...then…”) to resolve problems in a sound, decisive manner. Checks to ensure the validity or accuracy of all information; and
- Promotes innovation to improve project success and performance by doing or promoting new ways of doing things.
B. The Consultant should have experience delivering at least two IM/IT projects within the past eight years that clearly demonstrate experience in all of the below listed skill sets. It is not required that each project demonstrate all of the skills required, but that across the projects provided in the submission, the experience below is met.
- Five years of experience identifying, defining, modelling and documenting business needs, including modelling and documenting technical solutions;
- Five years of experience interacting professionally with a wide variety of people in diverse roles (e.g., executives, contractors, technical experts, naive users) to develop and implement automated business processes, and at least one of: service agreements with service consumers and suppliers, appropriate service management processes, training/education materials and application maintenance support;
- Five years of experience managing the quality of the delivered business solution to ensure it meets quality expectations;
- Two years of experience leading multi-discipline or single discipline teams in a business initiative to design and align new business systems with business processes;
- Two years of experience creating and following a change management plan to move from the “as-is” to the “to-be” state;
- Two years of experience reporting to senior managers;
- Two years of experience having managers and senior technical and business staff assigned or contracted to the project reporting to or working collaboratively with the Consultant; and
- Two years of experience managing effective communications with project stakeholders at all levels from diverse business units.
The number of required years of experience is a minimum. Additional years of experience beyond the minimum will result in additional points being awarded.
C. Experience with the following is preferred and will result in additional points being awarded.
- One or more years of experience working with the public sector to deliver IM/IT solutions.
- One or more years of experience with providing business analysis services for government transportation projects relating to intelligent transportation systems (ITS).
- One or more years of experience with providing business analysis services to deliver IM/IT solutions using Agile, waterfall and V diagram methodologies.
- One or more years of experience with providing senior business analysis services for IM/IT projects relating to camera, image and video management, and related data collection techniques.
3. Relevant Education and Professional Designations
Preference will be given to Consultants that have formal education (i.e. diploma or degree) in a related business or computer science field. Additional points will be awarded for the following certifications:
a. International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) - Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP); and/or
b. Lean Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt).
How to Apply:
- Online: Apply online now at www.Brainhunter.com
- Email: If you would prefer to email a copy of your resume for later review, we would be pleased to consider your resume for future upcoming opportunities, please send resume, availability and compensation expectation to: email@example.com
Please note: While we appreciate and welcome all applications, only those who satisfy employment eligibility in Canada and meet the qualifications for the role will be contacted.