BH – Document Control Lead – Contract
On behalf of our oil & gas client, Brainhunter Systems, is seeking a seasoned Document Control Lead for a 12-month contract in Calgary. We are looking for individuals that understand the how document controls integrate across the lifecycle of the asset: engineering, construction, handover, operations/maintenance, and abandonment. The individual will need a range of skills to manage documents within a system (ie. Aconex, Synergis, Accruent), network folders, and paper files.
Note that our client will be implementing new document control software within the next year, so preference may be given to individuals with experience in DC software implementation.
- Ensure revision and control history to measurement schematic changes or modifications are complete.
- Publishing updated measurement schematic on SharePoint.
- Renaming AutoCAD files, conversion to PDF and TIFF files, uploads into EDM system, scan drawings, flatten drawings for upload.
- Enforcement of document control process and practices.
- Maintaining document and drawing numbering. Assigning new document and drawing numbers.
- Tracking signed out documents and drawings. Following up on signed out drawings and documents.
- Management of hardcopy documents. Accessibility of documents in Aconex.
- Monitoring and adjustments within Aconex (consistent and accurate metadata, naming conventions, etc.)
- Rendering documents to PDF format and ensuring scanned documents are text readable.
- Track missing or historical revisions, validate / authenticate engineering drawings, redlines and as-built support
- Resolve discrepancies and compile required changes to documents - post changes to computerized or manual control records, release documents, and notify affected personnel.
- Ensuring that documents and drawings are reviewed and updated in in a timely manner.
- Archiving documents and drawings.
- Plotting/laminating maps.
- Track and report on deliverables, key performance measures.
- Management of ERPs updates (SharePoint and binders in office).
Qualifications / Competencies:
- 7+ years’ experience performing Document Control
- 3+ years’ managing teams
- Strong experience with document control fundamentals
- Working knowledge of management fundamentals
- Proactive self-starter
- Must have Owner/Operator side experience
- Preference to candidates with complete handover experience
- Comfortable challenging status quo and suggesting process improvement solutions
- Strong organizational skills
- An abundance of patience to see a complicated project to the end
- Aconex basics
- Excel skills
- Ability to work independent and collaboratively
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills – ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Ability to use logic and reason to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Attention to detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations
- Analytical thinking – analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems
- Cooperation – being pleasant with others and displaying good-natured, cooperative attitude
Qualifications / Competencies:
- Online: Apply online now at www.Brainhunter.com
- Email: If you would prefer to email a copy of your resume for later review, we would be pleased to consider your resume for future upcoming opportunities, please send resume, availability and compensation expectation to: email@example.com
Please note: While we appreciate and welcome all applications, only those who satisfy employment eligibility in Canada and meet the qualifications for the role will be contacted.