Job Description - Full Stack Developer
We are seeking an experienced Full Stack Developer to provide leading IT services to our clients.
- Write and maintain solid, robust, efficient and maintainable code using best of breed languages, frameworks and tools.
- Collaborate with other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain applications in accordance with established standards.
- Design and develop APIs.
- Ensure cross-platform optimization and responsiveness of applications
- Create rapid prototypes to support the design process.
- Integrate developed code with automated test infrastructure.
- Mentor and learn from other team members through pairing, code reviews, and documenting code.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Assist with preparation of design and test documents.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience building and maintaining large, enterprise and/or Internet applications supported by a degree or technical diploma.
- Expert knowledge of REST and RESTful web services.
- Experience with an RDBMS such as Oracle or Postgres.
- Experience utilizing bug tracking applications such as JIRA and version control such as GIT, Bitbucket or SVN.
- Experience working with and writing Unit, Integration and E2E tests.
- Experience in Agile, Scrum, Continuous Integration and Delivery, Test-Driven Development and Application Lifecycle Management.
- Knowledge of Microservices Architecture.
- Knowledge of frameworks such as React and Angular.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both spoken and written.
- Track record of maintaining effective relationships with multiple teams (Applications, Infrastructure, DBAs) and all levels of management.
- Expert knowledge of design patterns and best practices.
Nice to have:
- IT experience in public sector environments.
- Experience modernizing legacy applications in an iterative approach.
- Experience in developing spatially enabled, mapping and GIS applications.
Benefits & Culture:
- Great health benefits.
- Profit share program.
- RRSP matching.
- Annual sick leave.
- Team events.
- Personal Health and Wellness benefit.
- A company that’s committed to a work life balance with excellent professional growth opportunities.
How to apply: