BH - Senior Software Engineer, Mobile - Permanent (Remote)
On behalf of our award winning Financial Institution client, Brainhunter Systems is looking for a Director of Compliance to join their incredible team! In this role, you will provide compliance stewardship and oversight to the business units and partners with risk owners to ensure compliance risks are appropriately identified, measured, reported and managed in alignment with OSFI E-13 Guidelines. Reporting to the Managing Director Compliance and leading a team of compliance managers and specialists, the incumbent acts as a compliance subject matter expert. This position steers vision, prioritizes efforts and sets our clients' goals.
Note: This position is open to candidates located within Canada, operating remotely, hybrid, or on premise. Candidates must be living and eligible to work within Canada.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Interpret and analyze legal and regulatory requirements and develop governance and reporting for senior management, the board, and regulators
- Develop policies, procedures, framework, and controls for enterprise regulatory compliance
- Identify and monitor regulatory requirements, assess compliance risks and identify areas of non-compliance
- Manage an inventory of all applicable regulatory requirements and their risk prioritization
- Collaborate with the Compliance Assurance team on the testing of regulatory controls
- Provide guidance on the execution of business units projects, compliance advisory and collaborate with risk owners to ensure compliance
- Build and manage effective relationships with key stakeholders, and act as a strategic partner and Subject Matter Expert for regulatory compliance
- Provide guidance or compliance training to the first line as appropriate
How to Apply:
- University Degree in business, accounting, economics, finance or a related field is preferred
- 7 or more years experience in a regulatory compliance role at a Canadian bank
- Compliance or risk certifications including CCSA, PRM or CIA
- Ability to lead a high performing team
- Effective communication, excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle complex issues and a high volume workload with varied time expectations
- Strong project management skills with a proven track record of success with regulatory compliance and technology-based compliance projects
- Online: Apply online now at www.Brainhunter.com
- Email: If you would prefer to email a copy of your resume for later review, we would be pleased to consider your resume for future upcoming opportunities, please send resume, availability and compensation expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: While we appreciate and welcome all applications, only those who satisfy employment eligibility in Canada and meet the qualifications for the role will be contacted.